The Farm Details
123 Acre Property. 111 Acre Effective Dairy Land
50 Hectare Property. 46 Hectare Effective Dairy Land
- MPI Registered Raw Milk Provider
- NZ Certified Organic Milk
- EU Certified Organic Milk
- NOP In Conversion To Organic
What We Have:
180 beautiful mixed age Certified Organic cows on the property (this includes our youngest calves). They are a mix of breeds - mainly Milking Shorthorn and Ayrshire with some Friesian and Jersey X girls in our herd too. We have a very young herd - the oldest cow currently only being 4 years. We are currently milking 13 cows in our raw milk herd and 50 cows in our factory supply herd. Check out this Blog Post to see why these herds must be kept separate and all the procedures we follow to produce raw milk. We rear all our calves and sell any 'non-keepers' to family and friends with farms who carry them through. Yes, that's right - we don't 'do bobbies'.
- 2 Dogs: Jae the hard worker and Baylee the marginal worker but both are top cuddlers!
- Chooks: 18 Laying Hylines . 20 Laying Brown Shavers
- Ducks: 4 Buff Orpington's and 4 Indian Runner's
- Sheep: 3 Polled Wiltshire Ewes and their 6 adorable lambs!